THANK YOU JENNI HERD
Cause of death: Ezra’s laugh
The boy was pale as sea foam after the tanners had found him, and stayed that way for most of his life—he had been Taken by the water, and so the earth-brown of his tribe’s skin was not his to wear anymore. But this was good; that meant the ocean approved of their existence, returning him to them, with the Merling mark stark as a strange flower on his neck.
(Grantaire thinks he tastes the blood he’d drawn, sometimes, spicier and richer than any chum wine he manages to salvage during a frenzy. The phantom flavour blooms in his mouth cruelly, and sends him swimming restlessly out where the squalls churned the water black.)
The Merling shimmered like a knife when the sun bounced off his scales, and old scars from harpoons, from wrangling with fellow Merfolk, bit deep into the meat of his form. He is a clever strangler and hunter, and his teeth are sharp, but this does little to prevent the ache in his chest sometimes, when he remembers what he lacked, what he let go.
(Further inland, Enjolras arches wordlessly in his bed, feeling a ghost tongue lick its way down his neck, where his mark is, and further down, down tracing his spine where it ends and his Finless legs part to allow entry.)
(Salt, sweat, sea.)
» Merling AU
Grantaire became a Naga-eel thing with loose inspirations from barracuda, OTL. Bonus ‘Taire in full ‘bite’ mode and swimming around with chum ‘wine’. Also Enjolras.
this is some next level british grandma carpeting
I’m doing a little giveaway and its all about the ladies!
I’ll be giving away
- a t-shirt in your choice of Crush the Patriarchy, Cats Against Cat Calls or Riots Not Diets print (all of which go up to at least a size 2xl)
- your choice of five buttons from Modern Girl Blitz
- your choice of jewellery from AddieLeDawn
- friendship bracelet made in the colours of your choice made by yours truly
- "kandi bracelets" or whatever the fuck you want to call them with whatever colour scheme and words you want
- and best of all CANDYYY. who doesnt love candy, cmon.
And now the fun part, the RULES.
- you don’t have to follow me but if you are, then you’ll get something extra
- only reblogs count and you may reblog as many times as you want but please be mindful of your followers
- obviously giveaway blogs dont count (do ppl even need to say this anymore??)
The winner will be randomly selected on April 30th and I’m willing to ship worldwide. I think that’s it. Have fun and crush the patriarchy!!
Travis Fimmel for Flaunt Magazine [x]
• a transphobic woman is not a feminist
• a racist woman is not a feminist
• a homophobic woman is not a feminist
• exclusionary feminism is not feminism